including security and confidentiality of personal information disclosed on or
through this website, are viewed very seriously by the Students’ Loan Bureau.
Policies governing the protection of privacy are strictly observed and enforced
to ensure the highest standards of protection of privacy and personal
information. This policy briefly describes how we collect, hold, use and
whenever necessary disclose your personal information.
In the course of
using the Students’ Loan Bureau’s Website, personal information may be collected
about you. This information will likely include, at minimum, your name, address,
telephone number(s), birth date and tax registration number. If you apply for a
Loan or Agree to be a Guarantor for an Applicant Online, additional information
will be collected in order to complete the application and evaluation process.
The Bureau may
collect hold and use the personal information as well as collect personal
information from and disclose personal information to third parties for the
- Identifying you and ensuring the accuracy of information contained in
your personal records
- Establishing and administering the loan,
determining, maintaining, recording and storing loan information;
- Protecting the Bureau’ own interests including collecting debts owed;
- Meeting legal and regulatory requirements;
- Updating and advising you on services or initiatives that may interest
- For any other purpose you and the Students’ Loan Bureau may agree from
time to time.
We rely on your
actions as indications of your consent to our existing and future personal
- Your provision of personal information to the Bureau;
- Your express consent or acknowledgment contained within a written,
verbal or electronic application process;
Your personal information, whether electronic or paper, is kept at the offices of the
Students’ Loan Bureau. Except where the law prohibits, you are entitled to
access the personal information contained in your client record through written
request. You may verify this personal information and request that any
inaccurate information be corrected.
Loan Bureau maintains appropriate technical and organizational safeguards to
protect your personal information against loss, theft, unauthorized access,
disclosure, copying, use or modification.